It's the most wonderful time of the year! Start a new family tradition as you sip hot cider while strolling the town, listening to carolers and visiting our unique shops decorated for the holidays. Shop local this season and find that perfect gift at more than 50 shops, galleries and artist studios. Restaurant dinner and drink specials will be available all evening as well. Stores and restaurants open until midnight. Don't forget to visit Santa in his workshop!
FREE PARKING is available in all the lots, however, meters and the 2 hour time limit are still in effect on Main St proper and on Maryland Ave until 6pm. After that, all parking is free with no time limit.
FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE A free trolley shuttle will pick up from the George Howard complex and the govt complex across the street on Martha Bush Dr as well as the County Courthouse parking lots to bring you down to Main St. then back.
Please note all other no parking signs and park only in designated areas.
Welcome to Midnight Madness! Our shops, restaurants and galleries look forward to your family visiting us this Friday night! From Santa's Workshop to our Tree Lighting Ceremony and festive shopping atmosphere, there are many fun activities to keep you busy until midnight.
- Midnight Madness is held rain or shine... er... moonshine.
- Public restrooms are available in the Ellicott City Visitor Center as well as the B&O Rail Museum. Most restaurants don't mind if you stop in that evening to visit their amenities.
- Family friendly! Work Play Bark also offers a water bowl outside their door for your four footed family member.
- Don't forget to vote for your favorite window display! Ballots are available at the Ellicott City Visitor Center and you'll be entered to win prizes when you drop it back off.
- Child care is available courtesy of the Roger Carter Center for a small fee. More info can be found here
In addition to the Tree Lighting Ceremony, many of our shops, restaurants and galleries will be hosting special visitors and offering discounts in honor of Midnight Madness. For a full list, please click here.
Founded in 1772, Historic Ellicott City boasts the oldest standing B & O railroad station, the first Baltimore & Ohio Railroad terminus outside of Baltimore. Today, we are a picturesque home to many historic sites, unique shops, and distinctive dining. Visit us for a day or weekend, and explore everything from antiques to nightlife. Historic Ellicott City is conveniently located less than an hour from both Frederick and Annapolis in between Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Round up your girlfriends and go to Ellicott City for the next Girls Night Out starting at The Wine Bin, 5-7pm!
Bring your friends and family to town for a fun filled night of free live music, sales, specials and surprises!